Student Use of Technology
1. The student in whose name an on-line services account is issued shall be responsible for its proper use at all times. Students shall keep personal account numbers, home addresses and telephone numbers private. They shall use the system only under their own account number. Passwords are private and not to be shared with others.
2. The district’s system shall be used for purposes related to education.
3. Albuquerque Public Schools shall reserve the right to monitor any on-line communications
for improper use. Electronic communications and downloaded material, including files
deleted from a user’s account, may be monitored or read by the district officials.
4. Inappropriate use may result in a cancellation of network privileges.
5. Only appropriate language shall be used in email, online postings and other digital
communications with others.
6. Technology resources shall be used responsibly.
1. The network shall not be used for illegal or commercial activities.
2. Users shall not search, retrieve, save, circulate or display hate-based, offensive,
sexually explicit, or images or information about weapons.
7. Students shall be prohibited from accessing, posting, submitting, publishing or displaying
harmful matter or material that is threatening, cyber-stalking, obscene, disruptive, or that could be construed as harassment or disparagement of others based on their race, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion or political beliefs.
8. Students shall not use the system to encourage the use of drugs, alcohol, weapons or tobacco, nor shall they promote unethical practices or any activity prohibited by law or district policy.
9. Vandalism will result in the cancellation of user privileges. Vandalism includes the intentional uploading, downloading or creating computer viruses and/or any malicious attempt to harm or destroy district equipment or materials or the data of any other user.
10. Students shall not read other users’ email or files; they shall not attempt to delete, copy, modify or forge other users’ mail.
11. Students shall not assume another person’s identity.
12. Students shall report any security problems or misuse of the services to the teacher,
principal or other Albuquerque Public Schools employee.
13. Both students and parent, and/or legal guardian, shall sign the Acceptable Use Agreement
before a student can use the Albuquerque Public Schools network.
14. Students who fail to abide by the district’s rules shall be subject to disciplinary action,
revocation of the user account and legal action as appropriate.
15. Students shall not make any attempt to circumvent network security.
from Albuquerque Public Schools Student Acceptable Use of Technology Procedural Directive. To read more, click here.