A lockdown is ordered (by the Bernalillo County Sheriff’s Office, APD or APS School Police) when a dangerous situation is on or near campus.
Here is what will happen at Ernie Pyle if a lockdown occurs:
- Bathrooms, cafeteria doors, entry doors, and office doors are locked.
- Students are moved out of the hallways and into the nearest classrooms immediately. They must stay in those rooms until they are cleared to leave by public safety personnel.
- Students and staff are kept away from doors and windows.
- All doors are closed and locked to protect students and staff from the threat.
- All blinds are closed. Lights are kept on.
- Attendance is taken.
- Everyone remains quiet.