Ernie Pyle Middle School Mathematics, Engineering, Science Achievement Inc.
NM MESA, is an educational program designed to encourage and prepare students for college majors and careers in mathematics, engineering, science and related fields.
EPMS MESA assists students by offering the following and more:
- Field Trips Competitions
- Academic Counseling
- Leadership Workshops
- Summer Enrichment
Active membership requirements:
- Parent permission form (A-1)
- Student profile (A-2)
- Attend MESA meetings, minimum of 10 per year (We meet every Thursday from 3:10-4:10 in room 58)
- Participate in tutoring sessions, minimum of 2 per year
- Participate in MESA activities and competitions, minimum of 2 per year
- Demonstrate a high standard of behavior while participating in EPMS MESA events.
- Earn C’s or better in math, science, and English classes, and maintain an overall GPA of 2.0
MESA students that participate in illegal activities such as, but not limited to, possession or consumption of alcohol and/or drugs, theft, or vandalism, relinquish their current and future membership in NM MESA, Inc. and EPMS MESA.
EPMS MESA General Information:
Meeting: Every Monday
Place: Meet in the Cafeteria right after school.
Transportation: Parents must pick students up.
Program Start Date: August 29th, 2016.
Andrea Jackson email@example.com
Annette Youngren firstname.lastname@example.org
Parents are always welcome to join meetings, volunteer, chaperon field trips, and provide snacks for EPMS MESA activities.